Mahalo nui loa to everyone who attended our March 12th All Team’s Meeting. Given everyone’s busy schedules and legislative session demands, we had about 85 partners attend! It is a gift to have the opportunity to come together three times a year to celebrate progress, be inspired and learn in cross-teams. I will be posting the presentation materials, but in the meantime, please see agenda below. We had the privilege of hearing from families about how “they system” has effectively partnered with them to support their young children. We also heard recommendations for improvement. We then took that information and worked in cross-teams to identify ways we can improve family partnerships and the tools that would be needed for professional development. The feedback will go back to the Quality Team to inform the development of trainings on the Family Partnership Guidelines. Thank you again for your active participation!
Our next All Teams’ meeting will be held August 13th, please save the date! The meeting will be at Koolau Ballroom from 8:30-1:00.
“Kids go where there is excitement. They stay where there is love.” – Zig Ziglar
See you all at your next Team meeting!
Action Strategy All Teams’ Meeting Agenda
Ko`olau Ballroom, 45-550 Kionaole Rd.
Kaneohe, HI 96744
Getting to “YES”
- Receive important EOEL and Action Strategy updates
- Receive important update from Governor Ige’s Administration
- Hear about what works for families when in “partnership”
- Learn new family partnership strategies across teams and settings
- Inform the Quality Team about Family Partnership training needs
- Learn a new tool for creating solutions
8:00- 8:30 Check-in and Refreshments
- EOEL Transition Update (Kerrie Urosevich)
- DOE-EOEL Preschool Program Update (Lauren Moriguchi)
- Charter School Preschool Update (Deanne Goya)
- Action Strategy Update (Kerrie Urosevich)
9:30-10:00 Family Voices
10:00-11:40 Cross-Team 6 Thinking Hats Exercise
12:00-12:15 – Governor Ige’s Administration Update, Laurel Johnston, Deputy Chief of Staff
** Early Learning Advisory Board meeting to follow at 1:30