Happy New Year MVPs of Early Childhood!
As 2014 comes to a close, we have much to be thankful for! In addition to the successes below, we know many other wins are in progress and will be achieved in 2015. These successes and the improvement and integration of the early childhood system would not be possible without all of you coming to the table, willing to share ideas, resources and especially your time with one another to ensure we are doing our very best for our youngest children.
Our system’s building priorities include:
- Establishing a Children’s Cabinet
- Establishing an Early Childhood Professional Development System
- Developing a Comprehensive Screening, Assessment and Intervention System
- Contributing to the Formation of an Early Childhood Data Collaborative
- Creating a continuum of Family Partnership and Leadership Development Across the Early Childhood System
- Increasing Access to Home Visitation, Licensed Family Childcare, Center-based Programs and Family Child Interactive Learning Programs
These six priorities should support and strengthen the work you are all accomplishing in your teams. I will also be putting together and Action Strategy quarterly newsletter to improve communication as we continue to implement. Teams will resume monthly meetings in January and I will keep you posted on the All Teams’ meetings- the first one will be held on Thursday March 12th from 8:30-1:00 in the Ko`olau Ballroom. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Mahalo nui loa for getting up every morning and committing your day to improving the lives of our children and their families. It is a privilege to work alongside each and every one of you!
Have a safe and joy filled evening. See you in 2015!
With much appreciation,